#LikelyScoops: Milk Tea Inspired Vans, Moroccan Inspired Batik & An Oil-Absorbing Roller
As we #dudukdiamdiam and quarantine ourselves in our homes under the movement control order, who says we can’t have a little fun? This week’s releases are nostalgic, fiery, sparkly, fresh and whimsical.
VANS “THE OLD SKOOL”
Vans new iterations to the classic Old Skool silhouette is available in three milk tea-inspired shades. The sneaker features luxe suede overlays at the eyelet and rear, while the label’s signature Formstrip comes in a retro white hue. Additionally, the “Gentle Milk Cream” colourway’s sole sports a cream-toned base, while the “Hazelnut Flavor” and “Smoked Milk Tea” versions feature a clean white sole with a dark grey stripe. A pair retails for approximately $78 USD (RM343).
FERN Batik + Artisanal Collective “THE MOROCCAN SERIES”
Titled The Moroccan Series, is a Raya collection by our very own local design house. The series is inspired by the dramatic landscape, beautiful nature and people, rich culture, history and traditions found in Morocco. This year’s Moroccan Series Raya collection will showcase 15 patterns which entails a mix of block prints and abstract prints drawn from the Sahara, palms, and roses, and will have up to 20 looks. life. In addition to the collection, a range of jewellery made by local Moroccan artisans are also introduced to complete the look of the collection.
Revlon “The Oil-Absorbing Roller”
Made from real volcanic stone, the roller instantly absorbs excess oil on the skin. Unlike blotting papers that are single-use this roller is reusable and easy to wash.
Colourpop “The Mulan Collection”
This set includes:
- the Mulan Palette – A fierce warm gold and red palette inspired by the legendary Mulan. With a mix of mattes, metallics, and foiled shadow finishes, create looks fit for a warrior.
- Lux Lip Trio – Featuring all 3 LUX finishes inspired by Mulan – “Hua Mulan” a rosy pink creme lipstick, “Phoenix” the peachy gold with gold and pink pearl gloss and “Strong Chi” a true yellow-red liquid lip.
- Fourth Ray Beauty Face Milk and Lip Mask Kit – Includes the new Jasmine Face Milk formulated with Jasmine Flower to calm and quench your skin for a hydrated, healthy look and the new Gold Lip Mask to nourish and soften lips with Shea Butter and Squalane and features a soft golden shimmer for a healthy-looking shine!
- Brand New Blush Compact – Both are pressed powder blushes. The two shades are “Matchmaker” a pale nude with gold pearl and “Good Luck Charm” in soft terracotta with gold pearl.
Calvin Klein “Everyone”
A citrus fragrance that uplifts with zesty organic orange oil is paired with a blue tea accord and a vibrant cedarwood base for a gender-neutral fragrance. A combination of clean freshness, sweet sensuality and provocative edge. Both the bottle and packaging are created from recycled materials. Not only that, the design pays homage to the iconic CALVIN KLEIN UNDERWEAR waistband with a signature elastic band on the bottle that can have a second life.
Huda Beauty “Diamond Hydrating Lip Balms”
With a diamond-like sparkle, these lippies are a mix of rich emollients that. One of these include mango seed butter, meant to soften lips and leave them pillow-like. There are three shades and they will be available in Sephora and via Huda Beauty’s website on the 27th of March onwards:
- Negligee – Sheer Nude
- Seductress – Sheer Pink
- Dirty Thoughts – Sheer Lilac