How To Pick The Right Foundation Shade For Your Skin Tone
A great foundation is a must for a full-face glam. And nowadays, since a lot of beauty brands are coming up with numbers of shades, finishes, and coverage levels available, foundation suddenly becomes one of the toughest makeup products to buy.
But tbh, it all comes down to colouring. What’s your skin tone, but more importantly, what’s your undertone?
What is undertone?
Undertone is the shade within your skin colour. When you look in the mirror you see your skin tone, right? But your undertone is the shade that is within that color. Get it? It represents colours deep within one skin’s surface.
What are the 3 types of skin undertones?
1. Cool Undertones
If the base tone of your skin is pink, red, or blue, you have cool undertones.
- Your skin burn easily
- Your skin have a bit of pink in it
- The veins on the inside of wrist is a blue colour
- Silver jewellery looks better on you over gold
2. Warm undertones
If you can look a bit yellow or gold, then you have warm undertones.
- You tan easily
- Your skin look more yellow or olive
- The veins on the inside of your wrist is a green colour
- Gold jewellery looks better on you over silver
3. Neutral Undertones
If you have both warm and cool hues, you have a neutral undertone.
- Your skin both pink and yellow
- You burn and tan easily
- Your skin on the inside of your wrist look both green and blue
- You can wear both silver and gold jewellery and look amazing!